Omantribune
Oman Tribune
Omantribune
Omantribune Search News
Web Oman
    Google Search Button
      Tribune
- Oman
- Soccer World Cup
- Other Top Stories
- Middle East
- Business
- Sports
- India
- Pakistan
- Asia
- Europe
- Americas
- Columnists
- Editorial
- Oman Mirror
- Special Features
- Cinema
- PDF Pages
- Weather
- Travel
- Currency Rate
- Hospitals
- Pharmacies
- Services
- Flight Timings
- Museum Timings
Omantribune Home Omantribune About Us Omantribune Advertising Information Omantribune Archives Omantribune Subscribe-Form Omantribune Jobs Omantribune Contact Us
Saturday, September 20, 2014  

India defers Nalco stake sale over weak Q2 show
NEW DELHI India’s government on Wednesday deferred 12.5 per cent stake sale in Nalco saying the company’s second quarter financial performance is not reflective of the true financial position of the aluminium major.

“Nalco disinvestment will happen next quarter (January-March quarter). It is deferred for now. There is need to strengthen the financial performance of the company further,” Mines Minister Dinshaw Patel said. At current market price, the Nalco sale could raise as much as $267 million. This is the second postponement in a row. Last month, the government had to defer the public issue of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam (RINL) as the Steel Ministry felt that the issue price suggested by merchant bankers was less than the book value.

“The Q2 result was not very representative of company’s valuation. In October, there is a little visible improvement. So, we decided that it will be good to do it in the third quarter,” Disinvestment Secretary Mohammad Haleem Khan said.

“Q2 performance does not represent the intrinsic value. The merchant bankers said that Q2 is an aberration and Q3 is bound to be very good. So after Q3, it will be done,” he said.

Agencies
NEWS UPDATES
Other Top Stories
Iran’s uranium enrichment not acceptable: US
Obama calls global action to fight Ebola
20 die as Houthis, army clash
US ‘will not fight’ another ground war
Ukraine PM tells army to be on full battle alert

Sports


International

© 2013 Oman Tribune. All rights reserved. Best viewed in 800 X 600 resolution